- Reading – (15 mins per evening) Children should be heard to read regularly – parents can write comments in the reading diaries to update teachers of progress at home
- Spellings – (5 mins per evening) Spellings will be given on a Friday to be learned for the following Friday, based on phonic or spelling patterns learned throughout the week
- Number bonds/tables Children should learn to recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables, including odd and even numbers.
|Optional Homework for Autumn 2018
It’s a pirate’s life for me!
- Make a pirate ship
- Write a pirate code of conduct (rules of the ship)
- Research different roles on a pirate ship
- Create a pirate map with symbols
- Draw and label inside a pirate ship
- Learn some pirate words and phrases
- Create your own pirate flag
- Design a treasure chest
- Learn and perform a pirate song
- Write a pirate/adventure story