Dear Parents and Carers,
I have noticed, in the last week or so, that not all children are adhering to our uniform policy. Our policy is based on the belief that a school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- engenders a feeling of community and belonging
- supports positive behaviour and discipline
- is suitable, practical and smart
- makes pupils feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- prevents pupils coming to school in fashion or ‘designer’ label clothes that could be distracting in class or create a sense of competition
The main issues I have noticed are addressed in the reminders below:
- School shoes, trainers or boots should be plain black with no visible logos
- Children should wear a red sweatshirt, cardigan or tank-top, preferably with school logo
- Plain white PE t-shirt (with or without school logo but no other logos)
- Black PE shorts (no logo)
- Short hair should be no shorter than a ‘No 2’ and should not have ‘fashion’ markings shaved into it (e.g. tram-lines).
Thank you for your support with this.
Have a great weekend.
Mrs A Whistler
|Monday 24th September
|Tuesday 25th September
|Monday 8th – Friday 12th October
|Friday 12th October
|Friday 19th October
|Monday 22nd – Friday 26th October (inclusive)