10 September 2018
Dear Parent / Carer
Parent Governor Vacancy
We have one Parent Governor vacancy which we need to fill as soon as possible. Kells Lane Primary School has always aimed for a partnership with parents which undoubtedly brings great benefits to the children. One of the most significant ways you can help in promoting this aim is to volunteer to be a Parent Governor.
The Governing Body’s main tasks are:
- To ensure that the school has a clear vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
Parent Governors are welcomed as valued members of the team and play a vital role in ensuring the Governing Body is aware of the views of the parents and the local community. We feel sure that there are parents prepared to take on this important role and give their time and commitment to helping us to continue to improve the school’s performance.
Our Governing Body expects Governors to:
- Attend two termly meetings of the full Governing Body
- Be a member of a committee and attend termly committee meetings
- Visit the school formally for monitoring purposes at least once during the year
- Visit the school informally at least once a year
- Commit to attend training courses, and undertake additional independent research as required to ensure you are able to function efficiently as a Governor
If you feel you can help in this capacity please click the following link parent-governor-nomination-form for a nomination form which will need to be completed and returned to Mrs L Heath, School Business Manager by the closing date on Friday 21 September 2018.
Please note that if successfully elected, the School Governance (Constitution and Federations) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2016 states that “Where a Governor is elected or appointed on or after 1 April 2016 and does not hold an enhanced criminal record certificate, the Governing Body must apply for such a certificate in respect of that Governor within 21 days after his or her appointment or election”. Failure to apply for a DBS check within 21 days will result in disqualification and removal from the Governing Body.
If there are more nominations than vacancies, we will hold a ballot which will close on Wednesday 10 October 2018 and you will be sent a voting paper in due course.
Mrs L D Heath
Returning Officer, on behalf of the Headteacher
Kells Lane Primary School
Alternatively please click the link below to access the nomination form