Dear Parents and Carers,
We followed last week’s anti-bullying theme with an assembly to celebrate the 90th birthday of the Winnie-the-Pooh stories by AA Milne. Some of the older children helped me to explain that the characters in the Winnie-the-Pooh books all have distinct personalities, each revealing both strengths and things they find difficult. I asked the children to think about themselves as they considered each of the main book characters and asked them to think about their own character strengths and challenges. For example, when considering the Piglet character, we contemplated the following questions:
– Are you someone who loves adventures?
– Are you someone who has an inner courage?
– Are you someone who delights in the colour and beauty of life?
– What can we learn from the character of Piglet?
To celebrate the fact that both Winnie-the-Pooh and Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II both have their 90th birthdays in 2016, a special book featuring Winnie-the-Pooh and the Queen has been produced in the same style as the original. You may wish to download the story of Winnie-the-Pooh and the Royal Birthday from: http://tinyurl.com/jgvav5r.
Have a lovely weekend.
Mrs A Whistler
Dates for your diary for next couple of weeks:
|Tuesday 29th November
· Information meeting for Year 6 Holland trip – starts at 5.30pm
|Friday 2nd December
· Year 6 Number Ninja competition at Front Street Primary School
|Sunday 4th December
· KLSF (Kells Lane School Fundraising) Treasure Hunt
|Monday 5th December
· Year 5 to Lord Lawson of Beamish Academy for chemistry lessons
· Christmas Disco (KLSF) – Year 2-6 6.45pm – 8pm (Entry is £3)
|Monday 5th – Friday 9th December
· Early Years ‘Stay and Play’ sessions
|Tuesday 6th December
· Year 1 Christmas cake baking
|Wednesday 7th December
· Year 2 pantomime visit to Tyne Theatre
· Year 6 WW11 Street Party in school
|Thursday 8th December
· Christmas lunch in school
· ‘Electricity Safety’ presentations in school
|Friday 9th December
· Year 5 to Joseph Swan Academy for French lessons
|Monday 12th December
· Early Years and Year 3 Christmas parties
|Tuesday 13th December
· Early Years Nativity (dress rehearsal) – starts at 10am
· Year 1 and Year 4 Christmas parties
|Wednesday 14th December
· Early Years Nativity – starts at 10am
· Year 2 and Year 5 Christmas parties
|Thursday 15th December
· Year 1 visit to Joseph Swan Academy for Christmas storytelling event
· Year 6 Christmas party
|Friday 16th December
· Annual Carol Service for Y3-Y6 at Wesley Church – starts at 11am
· Last day of term – school finishes at the normal time