Changes to School Menu 2021-2022
- Tuesday vegetarian option will be quorn fillet with mashed potato & vegetable medley
- Wednesday vegetarian option will be quorn mince with new potatoes & mixed vegetables
- Thursday vegetarian option will be quorn curry with steamed rice & naan bread
- Tuesday vegetarian option will be Quorn Sausage with mashed potato & seasonal vegetables
- Wednesday vegetarian option will be Cheese Quiche with roast potatoes & mixed vegetables
- Thursday vegetarian option will be Quorn Burger with hand-cut potato wedges & salad.
- Tuesday vegetarian option will be quorn mince with yorkshire pudding , mashed potato and vegetables
- Wednesday vegetarian option will be mac & cheese with garlic bread & steamed vegetables
- Thursday vegetarian option will be quorn meatballs in marinara sauce with penne pasta & garlic bread
Any queries regarding the above charges please contact school directly on 0191 4334140
Paying for school lunch
Lunch payments should be made no later than midday every Monday. The safest and quickest way to pay is online via School Gateway app or logging into www.schoolgateway.com. All school meals need to be paid for before they are taken and should never fall into arrears. If you are unable to pay online please contact the school office 0191 4334140 so we can discuss alternative arrangements.
If you haven’t used School Gateway before visit the website www.schoolgateway.com and click on ‘new user’ you will need to provide your email address and mobile number that school already hold for you. You will receive a text with a ‘PIN’ number that will enable you to login and top up your school meals account when necessary.
If you are having trouble logging in to School Gateway please contact the school office and one of the admin team will be able to help you.
Free School Meals
Every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal under the government’s universal infant free school meal scheme. This is not means tested.
It is important that you an application for free school meals if you qualify, even if your child is in Year 1 or Year 2. Children in Nursery and Year 3 – Year 6 may also qualify for means tested free school meals. Please see the Gateshead Council website for information on eligibility and how to apply https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/article/7433/Free-school-meals#criteria
Children can bring a packed lunch if you would prefer. However, we do need to make you aware that we are not able to keep the lunch boxes in a refrigerated place. We prefer children to bring a healthy and balanced packed lunch. Fizzy drinks in cans, glass or other breakable containers are not permitted.
No Nuts Policy
As we do have a children in school who suffer from severe nut allergies our school has a “No Nuts Policy.” If a child with a severe nut allergy comes into contact with a nut product they can suffer life threatening consequences.
We ask that you do not put any of the following foods in your child’s lunch box:
Fruit and cereal bars that contain nuts
Chocolate bars, chocolates or sweets that contain nuts
Sesame seed rolls (children allergic to nuts may also have a severe reaction to sesame)
Cakes made with nuts
Biscuits that contain nuts
Please check the ingredients on your packed lunch contents regularly. View more information on nut allergies here
Please remember to give one week’s notice of a child wishing to change from a school meal to packed lunches or vice versa. A child who forgets his or her packed lunch can be provided with a school lunch and payment should be made in the usual way.